The Career Builder's Podcast
The Long Game with Dorie Clark
Dorie Clark - one of the world's top business thinkers and an authority on reinventing yourself and your career - discusses the key lessons of her newest Wall Street Journal Bestseller. Its title? The Long Game: How to Be a Long-Term Thinker in a Short-Term World.
- Dorie Clark - Duke & Columbia Business Professor; Ranked #1 Communication Coach; HBR Author; Top 50 Business Thinker in World - Thinkers50
- How the long game had a positive impact on Dorie's life
- The value in strategic and tactical thinking
- Understanding and applying the concept of "optimizing for Interesting"
- Seeing failure as an experiment and the value in testing concepts out first before going all in
- Are you trapped in a permanent state of execution mode? If so, here's how to get out of it.
- How to say no with intention
- When it's ok to say yes to short-term gain
- Strategies to stay focused while pursuing the long game
- How the long game vision helps you live in the now
- Why you should think in a long-term, strategic way about your career
- Dorie's 80%/20% rule
- "Don't pay for office space"