The Career Builder's Podcast
The Art of Salary Negotiation with Josh Doody
Author, coach and salary negotiation expert Josh Doody discusses in depth the who, what, why, when and how of maximizing your compensation package.
- Josh Doody - Salary Negotiation Expert
- From engineering to HR to Salary Negotiation Expert
- Why salary negotiation is so important
- Salary unhappiness can be a barrier to productivity
- How hiring managers also have a stake in salary equity
- Creating a win-win
- Who should be negotiating salary
- The main levers to pull in a negotiation
- The hiring manager's point of view and the cost of hiring
- Should you ask your current employer to match a job offer?
- The biggest barriers to negotiations
- When is the best time to start negotiating
- Why and how you should avoid the salary expectations question
- Article on how to handle salary expectations questions https://fearlesssalarynegotiation.com/salary-expectations-interview-question/
- When it's time to stop negotiating and when are you asking for too much
- Example of the simple script I mentioned for planning the final stages of a negotiation: https://fearlesssalarynegotiation.com/salary-negotiation-script-example/
- How to prepare for a negotiation
- Here’s what a counter offer email might look like: https://fearlesssalarynegotiation.com/salary-negotiation-email-sample/
- "Your first job is your first job when you learn how to have a job, your second job is your real experience, your third job is where you get paid."