The Career Builder's Podcast
Propelling Your Career Through Public Speaking with Brenden Kumarasamy
Public speaking expert Brenden Kumarasamy highlights why being a better speaker is key to rising to the top of your professional field, and how to become the kind of speaker that makes that rise.
- Brenden Kumarasamy - Founder of Master Talk - Public Speaking Expert
- The importance of public speaking in your career
- Hired on hard skills, promoted on soft skills
- The types of public speaking
- The ripple effect
- Where does the fear of public speaking come from?
- Fear matters less than the message
- Defining confidence and the importance of a belief system
- "'How would the world change if you were an incredible speaker?"
- Obsessing over your audience
- The correlation between personality type and public speaking
- Tips for improving your public speaking
- Writing vs speaking skills
- Having a system to keep track of your thoughts
- "Think like an executive on day 1"